These are some of the basic oily skin care tips that you need to introduce into your skin care routine if you have oily skin.
1. Ditch the heavy foundations during the warmer months and invest in some CC creams. Most people use CC Cream all year round for that natural glow but having SPF 30 or more is more essential since everyone will be out in the sun more often.
2. Use acne cleanser during the summer will keep your skin looking matte, even if you don’t have acne problems. Try a formula with a 2% salicylic acid that is not over drying but break down oils in the pores. Something that is gentle but effective.
3. Replacing heavy, greasy moisturizer with lighter serums during in the spring and summer months. Skin can get oily a lot quicker during the hot months and serums penetrate skin better than moisturizers so your skin still will be hydrated. Vitamin C packed serums will keep skin nourished and hydrated from day to night.
4. Replace your morning moisturizer with a healthy dose (a teaspoon for your face) of sunblock to help control oil and shine. Choose a facial sunscreen that is formulated with oil-absorbing micronized zinc, titanium dioxide or denatured alcohol which makes the skin matte.
5. Primers help makeup stay on your skin longer and blur away imperfections. It will create a satin-soft finish that allow makeup glides on seamlessly.
6. Load up on food with high Vitamin A like carrots, cantaloupe and spinach to slow down oil production. While cutting out alcohols and spicy foods that can dilate the blood vessels and make you perspire.
7. Exfoliating is the key to glowing skin. Old, dead skin build up can make you look dull and dry. Exfoliating 2-3 times a week can prevent skin from aging too rapidly. You can use homemade scrubs, drug-store brand or even name brand exfoliant will work to shed away dead skin. Obviously, not all exfoliant is made for every one.
8. Sweat and summers comes hand in hand. Instead of worrying about makeup melting off your face, stock up on waterproof products. It’s important for your makeup to last all day to look gorgeous while whatever summer going to throw at you. Most waterproof make up will work at tanning near a pool or swimming at the beach.
9. Blotting papers will soak up excess oil and don’t over strip. Don’t create a cake mess by powdering the oily areas.